JS
Posted By
Joel_Stransky
Oct 28, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone tell me what the heck shape layers was to supposed to make easier? Everytime I start a new path I get a new shape layer to boot. The old paths pallete worked great, if that path was selected, anything you did to it including seperate paths automatically got added to that path. Now, say I want to clip out a car and cut the windows out. If I draw a path for the window, a new shape layer is added. So now if I want to select both the car path and the window path, I cant. Shift clicking the other layer toggles its shape on and off. Yes I can goto my paths pallete and start a new path before I start using the pen tool but it’s counterintuitive. I’m used to being able to get right to work and now I have to catch myself because by default, using the pen tool adds a shape layer. If there was a way to make new paths default to the paths pallete instead of new shape layers I would be much happier, as it is now (since I DO have illustrator) it’s just a nuisance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
Phosphor
Oct 29, 2003
Options Bar…3 buttons on the left side.

Explore them.

Works just like before, plus you have 2 more options.
JS
Joel_Stransky
Oct 29, 2003
sweet. I knew about these but thought they only pertained to selected paths, not paths about to be built. Still counterintuitive but at least I know.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections