J
Posted By
JohnSWhite
Nov 9, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have CS working nicely but it is not aware of Silverfast, which is working in PS7. I have tried re-loading Silverfast but it says it cannot find the photoshop path and I should put it in manually but there is nowhere to tell the software where to put it. So I’ve tried copying the folder from PS7 import/export to CS import/export but it still remains elusive in CS. Has anyone a suggestion for what I should try next.
Thanks
John

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

IL
Ian_Lyons
Nov 9, 2003
John,

Most of the SilverFast scanner drivers have been updated recently so that they are aware of Photoshop CS. Which version are you using and what scanner?
J
JohnSWhite
Nov 9, 2003
Thanks Ian, I have Ver Ai5 installed but Ai6 available, unfortunately it hangs the whole computer (XP pro). Silverfast say the SCSI (Tekram DC-395U) should have id1 but I don’t know how to verify or change it. So I’m stuck with the set up that does work at the moment. I can of course scan in PS7, save and us 16 bit in PSCS but I would love to have it working properly (including the Silverfast upgrade!)
John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections