CK
Posted By
Christine_Krof_Shock
Nov 18, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
This is interesting. Brought in a 72 ppi jpg file that was 37k on the desktop-when I opened it in CS it Image Size told me the file was 377k! When I take it in under PShop 7 it gives me proper dimensions etc. So what gives…?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
larry
Nov 18, 2003
Photoshop opens images as a Photoshop file so you’re reading the file information as a PSD and not Jpeg. If you make a change and save it, it will increase your original file. If you make a change and save it as a PSD and then use Save For Web to optimize it, it will reduce the file size.

Larry Berman
CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 18, 2003
Christine – you’re confusing file size (including compression and some overhead) with image size (no compression). That hasn’t changed at all between versions.
JS
John_Slate
Nov 18, 2003
When she says "When I take it in under PShop 7 it gives me proper dimensions etc" is she saying that this file, when opened in PS7, reported an image size of 37K? But 377K in PSCS? I can’t see how that could be…
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Nov 18, 2003
That’s what was happening 37k to 377k–trashed prefs and reinstall of CS seems to have cleared up the problem

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections