VS
Posted By
Vernon_Stevens
Nov 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Use this information as you will. Some may be relieved by it, others suspect and incited. The later is not my intent.

I just did a full system reinstall on my computer. I have been experiencing minor glitches with XP Pro for a while now, and I habitually reinstall my OS infrequently to get a "fresh start". I back up all important data, slick the HD and start installing.

Having just bought and installed PS CS on November 13, 2003, I was wondering if I would have difficulty activating it again so close to the original install. Plus, that same day I installed it on my laptop, using both installs per the EULA. No hardware changes, simply reinstalling the OS and programs on my HD

So, the XP Pro activation went without a hitch. The PS CS activation went without a hitch. Huh? A scant 11 days after the first install and no problems? I was pleased. My Office XP Pro and Publisher XP activations also went without a hitch. No phone calls, no grilling, simply pressing the mouse button and activating over the internet.

Maybe I’m one of the lucky ones, but I doubt it. For myself, I can happily tweak my system without worrying now.

VES

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 24, 2003
I just also reinstalled everything (kicking and screaming) and when I installed PSCS, the Activation screen opened, and, gritting my teeth, I said Yes. A second or two later came the acklowledgement.
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Nov 24, 2003
Ditto. . .

Downloaded the CS update and installed unter XP Pro. Activation took about 2 seconds. No problems with re-activations or other system issue (course, it’s a pretty well maintained system installed fresh from XP Pro CD’s 3 months ago) and up to date.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Nov 24, 2003
I’ve changed a motherboard (same make and model) plus memory about three times in the last week trying to solve a hardware problem on a nearly new computer. Just reinstalled XP on a different partition and reinstalled CS. XP forced me to phone Microsoft which surprised me as I’ve done this before without a problem. No problems reactivating Photoshop on the internet and I also just activated it on my laptop a few days ago.
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 24, 2003
Jeff,

Ditto. . .

Downloaded the CS update and installed unter XP Pro.

update? i don’t see any update! upGRADE? 🙂

thanks, dave
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 25, 2003
Upgrade, update. What’s the difference? 😉
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 25, 2003
Upgrade, update. What’s the difference? 😉

About $169.00 <G>

Bob
JS
Jeff_Schewe
Nov 25, 2003
Yeah, sorry, UPGRADE as in from 7.01 to CS. . .

🙂
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 25, 2003
Damn! 🙂
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Nov 25, 2003
$169 is Chicken Feed.

Walk in with CF, walk out with CS!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections