M
Posted By
MarkAErickson
Nov 26, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t see real-time changes when using the liquify filter in PS-CS?

My file is RGB/8bit – Win. I don’t have any accidental selections made. I’ve tried many of the different tools (i.e. warp, twirl…).

Once I O.K. my invisible "changes" and the liquify window closes, the changes show up on my work.

It’s kind of rough guessing what I’m doing with the tools…I really need to see real-time updates.

I MUST be missing some new preference or button…right?

Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JH
Jake_Hannam
Nov 26, 2003
Mark

I have real-time preview on my system (Liquify IS slow on my machine but it works). Are you sure you don’t have the mask turned on? The mask will prevent any changes to the masked areas (if you don’t have Show Mask checked, you won’t be able to see the mask). Try checking Show Mask and if any areas show up as ‘red’, that means they are masked and you won’t be able to make any changes. Any area that is not masked should show your changes in real-time.

If that is not the situation with you, you might try resetting your preferences. Hold down the CTRL-ALT-SHIFT keys while loading PS.
That might do the trick if my first suggestions don’t help.

Jake
M
MarkAErickson
Nov 27, 2003
Jake:

Thanks for the reply. I tried all your suggestions…still no real-time preview. I do medical illustrating and the liquify comes in very handy when creating natural curves.

There must be a solution to this. Until I find it, I’ll be using PS 7.

Thanks again,

Mark
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 27, 2003
Once I O.K. my invisible "changes" and the liquify window closes, the changes show up on my work.

Sounds like a video driver problem mark. update the driver.
BH
bryan_hughes
Nov 30, 2003
Rather than resetting all of your preferences, try alt.+cancel (to reset all UI in liquify). If it isn’t a liquify setting, I would suspect your machine. Best of luck, Bryan.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections