martti_ilmari_lappalainen
Dec 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

When trying to start photoshop I get the message
"COULD NOT INITIALIZE PHOTOSHOP BECAUSE THE SCRATCH DISKS ARE FULL". I installed the program earlier today and did some editing after which I closed the program.
Now I get the above message. I think the install wizard
placed the scratch disks on an almost full physical drive. How do I sort out this???????

Thank You so much,
/Martti

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Dec 2, 2003
Martii,

If you haven’t set Photoshop’s scratch drive from Edit>Preferences>plug-ins and Scratch disk, Photoshop will be using your C:\ drive as scratch.

Do a search for ~PST*.tmp (Photoshop 7 and pevious versions) or Photoshop Temp* (Photoshop CS) and delete any matching files.

If you still can’t open up Photoshop you will need to do a clean-up on your C:\ drive and create some space.

Once you have opened Photoshop successfully, go immediately to Edit>Preferences>Plug-ins and Scrtach disk and set the primary scratch to a drive with plenty of free space
MI
martti_ilmari_lappalainen
Dec 3, 2003
Hi,

When trying to start photoshop (7.0) I get the message
"COULD NOT INITIALIZE PHOTOSHOP BECAUSE THE SCRATCH DISKS ARE FULL". I installed the program earlier today and did some editing after which I closed the program.
Now I get the above message. I think the install wizard
placed the scratch disks on an almost full physical drive. How do I sort out this???????

Thank You so much,
/Martti
L
LenHewitt
Dec 3, 2003
Martti,

Why are you re-posting the same question? Have you read the previous reply?
RK
Ronald_Keller
Dec 3, 2003
Martti,

Hold Ctrl+Alt while launching Photoshop. It will show a dialog box where you can set the location of your scratch disks.

Greetings from Belgium

Ronald

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections