JF
Posted By
John_Fagerberg
Dec 22, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
These tools quit working for me. Everything looks like it is working, but it does not change any pixels. I had to go back to PS6 to correct some photos. I’m on windows 2000, with a registered version of CS.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 22, 2003
Try deleting the preferences (FAQ says how). You might have a layer mode set to something other than normal as well.
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Dec 22, 2003
I had this happen as well. I exited PS, then opened it up again and they worked (actually, the Stamp tool only so far as I know).
JF
John_Fagerberg
Dec 23, 2003
Actually the problem seems to be that I am using a Wacom Graphire 2. If I try to use the mouse do do a quick touchup, it just doesn;t do anything. But, if I switch to the Stylus Pen, it works fine. I can also then switch back to the mouse and that works too. If I close and re-open CS, the mouse no longer works for these tools again, until I use the Stylus Pen.

I did download the latest driver from Wacom, but that does not seem to fix the problem.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 23, 2003
<silly question>you’re not setting the pen down on the the pad when using the mouse are you?</sc>
JF
John_Fagerberg
Dec 24, 2003
No, the pen is in its stand. I also discovered that just changing the zoom resets the mouse from working. Again, if I use the pen for a second, the mouse then starts working again.

I sent Wacam a message, but have not heard back yet.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Dec 24, 2003
Did you try their forum? It’s here:

<http://www.wacom-europe.com/forum/default.asp?lang=nl>

Never mind the nl at the end.

Rob
DE
dennis_edson
Dec 26, 2003
I have had this happen with both the stamp tool and the burn tool. They just quit working. If I save the file, close it, then open it again, all the tools work again. This is not a layer problem. I checked to make sure that the proper layer was selected.

Dennis

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections