A
Posted By
auralian
Jan 10, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an old registered version of photoshop 2.5 and a 5.0 upgrade. Can I upgrade to CS with just an upgrade package?

Thanks,
Matt

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

L
LifeIsGood
Jan 11, 2004
Call Adobe or go to their website

"auralian" wrote in message
I have an old registered version of photoshop 2.5 and a 5.0 upgrade. Can
I
upgrade to CS with just an upgrade package?

Thanks,
Matt

MR
Mike Richmann
Jan 11, 2004
auralian wrote:
I have an old registered version of photoshop 2.5 and a 5.0 upgrade. Can I upgrade to CS with just an upgrade package?

Dunno. I do know that even though the website *and* the package box both state that all you need is Photoshop 7.0 and before, loading the upgrade brings up a dialog box stating that you need 5.0 and above.

However, the phone numbers put in the box by Adobe, not one but two of them as inserts and readme files, seem to suggest that they know they’ve exposed themselves to legal action. Should be interesting to see what they have to say after I finish ripping them a new one Monday morning once they show up for work to take my call.

If anyone knows whether this is just a boner on Adobe’s part in failing to write a routine that can properly check for 3.0 and 4.0 or whether Adobe’s committing fraud and expecting 4.0 users to pony up more cash after the fact, feel free to speak up…

Mike
JJ
Jay Jhabrix
Jan 11, 2004
I have an old registered version of photoshop 2.5 and a 5.0 upgrade. Can
I

Thanks,
Matt

Yes you can… however, the serial number format changed with PS 6 (or 5) i think… so you’ll need to call them and they’ll talk you through the steps… You mention it is registered… if so there is definitely no hassle apart from phone time… Another however, apparently, some of the folks at Adobe are not too clued up… you’ll have to insist and maybe ask to speak to a supervisor.

Cheers…

JJ
J
jrzyguy
Jan 11, 2004
i know i was able to upgrade to 7 from 5 with no problem. I dont think it has to be a registered version either….u just need the serial number of your older version. I THINK you will be safe if you have the 5.0 upgrade and serial.

"Jay Jhabrix" wrote in message
I have an old registered version of photoshop 2.5 and a 5.0 upgrade.
Can
I

Thanks,
Matt

Yes you can… however, the serial number format changed with PS 6 (or 5)
i
think… so you’ll need to call them and they’ll talk you through the steps… You mention it is registered… if so there is definitely no
hassle
apart from phone time… Another however, apparently, some of the folks at Adobe are not too clued up… you’ll have to insist and maybe ask to speak to a supervisor.

Cheers…

JJ

N
nemlidaka
Jan 12, 2004
The serial number format changed with PS7.

You can upgrade to CS from PS5 without problem.

Maris

Jay Jhabrix wrote:

Thanks,
Matt

Yes you can… however, the serial number format changed with PS 6 (or 5) i think… so you’ll need to call them and they’ll talk you through the steps… You mention it is registered… if so there is definitely no hassle apart from phone time… Another however, apparently, some of the folks at Adobe are not too clued up… you’ll have to insist and maybe ask to speak to a supervisor.

Cheers…

JJ

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free by AVG Anti-Virus System Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.560 / Virus Database: 352 – Release Date: 1/8/2004

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections