Posted By
Laurence_Berle
Dec 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All

I have just ordered my PS CS Windows upgrade ready to go on a nice fresh install of Windows 2000 Pro using my 5.5 as the "leaping off point" – will get it just before the New Year all being well.

However, can anyone tell me what I get in the box by way of manuals etc? And I know there are various recommendations of ‘How to’ books but what are you using to help you get to grips with it?

Thanks in advance :~)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 24, 2003
If all you bought was Photoshop, you’ll get the manual. The entire suite doesn’t included manuals.

Bob
LB
Laurence_Berle
Dec 24, 2003
Hi Bob

Yes, it is Photoshop CS (upgrade) – not the full CS (Creative Suite). At least I can start with the manual and then try for a book as a birthday present!

You say the full CS does not include manuals – for the price that is amazing. I know it is many programs in the full CS product but not to include printed manuals seems very poor practice.:~(
ND
Nick_Decker
Dec 24, 2003
Laurence, keep us posted on how it runs on your Windows 2000 system.

Thanks!

Nick
LB
Laurence_Berle
Dec 24, 2003
Hi Nick

I will try to update – possibly with a new thread as appropriate.

What I am especially looking forward to is the improved ACR due "early next year", I have the Fuji F700 and really want to get a handle on the use of the RAW image.
RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 24, 2003
I buought the Standard Suite. Since I’ve had Illy since version 7, PS since version 3 and ID since version 1, I can honestly tell you that I don’t miss the manuals at all.

Bob
M
MCGARR
Dec 26, 2003
There is a nice manual and also a training video on the backside of the CS cd case. I usually purchase all kinds of training books from amazon.com. Just type in Photoshop. There are some fantastic books out there. I mostly do photographic restoration.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections