W
Posted By
whammy
Dec 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hi all! it’s a question to all laptop users – do you feel inconvenient to work in photoshop while using a laptop with a graphic card which uses computer’s RAM memory? Is it really a big deal in that type of work? or only the difference is noticeable in games?

please answer me quick :o)

best wishes,

———————————————[.:whammy:.]

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

W
wmoussel
Dec 27, 2004
Hello,
I’ve got a P4 2GHz laptop, and photosop works well on it… even CS. Bye
++drill
G
Gadgets
Dec 27, 2004
Hard to judge levels/colour accurately on LCD/TFT, but for most purposes it’s fine. Carry a mouse with you for the precise work!

Cheers, Jason
Photo folio:
http://gadgetaus.com/photos
N
noone
Dec 27, 2004
In article <cqne1m$rdb$ says…
hi all! it’s a question to all laptop users – do you feel inconvenient to work in photoshop while using a laptop with a graphic card which uses computer’s RAM memory? Is it really a big deal in that type of work? or only the difference is noticeable in games?
please answer me quick :o)

best wishes,

For very basic, non-critical PS work, my Toshiba 3.4GHz/2GB RAM, shared 128MB vid-RAM works fine, even with limited HDD real estate.

As others have stated, the monitor is probably the weakest link, but then I just send the images to the workstations for output.

Hunt

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections