K
Posted By
kentwolf
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
(I am at work, so I do not presently have access to my copy of Photoshop CS.)

Question: Is it permissible to have Photoshop installed on my home computer *AND* my work computer, seeing I only use one computer at a time?

I have seen varying incarnations of licensing agreements, so I am not sure of this.

Should the product activation work OK seeing there would be different machine ID’s for the same PS-CS serial #?

Thanks for your help.
—-
Kent Wolf
ITT Bell & Gossett Research & Development Laboratory

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 30, 2003
Question: Is it permissible to have Photoshop installed on my home computer *AND* my work computer, seeing I only use one computer at a time?

yes.

Should the product activation work OK seeing there would be different machine ID’s for the same PS-CS serial #?

yes.
K
kentwolf
Dec 30, 2003
Thank you for your input.

One more question: How about two (2) work computers + 1 home computer?

Actually, I have 2 offices here at work. Again, only 1 is used at a time.

Thanks again…
ND
Nick_Decker
Dec 30, 2003
Kent, according to the license agreement, nope.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 30, 2003
How about two (2) work computers + 1 home computer?

nope. 1 home. 1 work. officially, you’ll need another license to install on a 3rd system. although there’s been debate on this, (machine license vs. user license), the license (user agreement) itself is clear… but the answers we’ve recieved about a 3rd activation on a system that will never be used at the same time as the other 2 have been vague. there’s also been talk of a "deactivation" mechanism in the works, that would allow this kind of use. since only 2 machines would be activated at a time, adobe could ensure they weren’t being used against the license.

hope that helps! 🙂
K
kentwolf
Dec 30, 2003
Got it.

Thank you everyone!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections