WK
Posted By
Walter_Kiely_waltersphotos
Jan 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Earlier today I had posted this, so I will try again. I had succesfully applied a watermark to my photos (manually typing it on that is)for my website, and I just recently (another photo job altogether, but when I put this new batch of photos to the web, I "did not want" them to be watermarked. I don’t seem to see anywhere’s where I can just thumbnail them and put them out there "untouched – or un watermarked"? When I try to do it right now, it automatically puts my watermark on the photo. I go to File, Automate, Web Photo Gallery, and then the PhotoShop Automation command does the rest, but I no longer see the option of "not wanting to watermark" (typing it in or having the option of not typing it in) the photos vs now, it automatically watermarks.

Thank You

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
larry
Jan 1, 2004
Are you building a web gallery, or just trying to resize a folder of images? I never have used the web gallery feature of Photoshop preferring real web design programs. But if you’re just looking to resize images to a specific size just create an action and run it as a batch process. You can even do horizontals and verticals simultaneously by using the File>Automate>Fit Image command in the action.

Larry Berman
Hi Larry:

Thank you for getting back. I actually figured out what all had taken place by continuing to tinker. I do a lot of freelance photos for the newspaper and they pick from my website, so in order to try and protect and possibly sell some of the photos, I watermark them. In PhotoShop, I go to File, Automate, Web Photo Gallery, and then, obviously I go to the Source Image (to find my source folder), and then to Destination (where I intend for my watermark to go to on all of my images), and then I drop down to Options, and click on the "Security" button, and the whole (or what works for me anyways or allows me to watermark all of my photos) appears, and then I just type my watermark, select the color, etc., etc. – hit the OK button and then literally what used to take me 2 to 4 hours per weekend of labor time, PhotoShop automatically does for me in minutes…..I just love it……

Thanks again Larry…..is there any chance what I have found out might possibly help you with any of what you do?
L
larry
Jan 1, 2004
Hi Walter,

I find that my copyright goes into a different location on each image. And sometimes it’s black on a light colored background or white on a dark colored background. But what I’m doing has a totally different purpose as the image stay on the web and sell as fine art. But what I do use a batch process for is to add a stroke and drop shadow if the images are going to appear on a white web page.

An interesting sidebar. I use FrontPage and have found that the AutoThumbnail feature can auto thumbnail an unlimited amount of images to the same long pixel dimensions in seconds. It renames the thumbnails with an "_small" at the end so as not to overwrite the originals and can even add a border (stroke) to each image during the operation. It’s just another tool.

Larry Berman

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections