J
Posted By
JayD
Feb 8, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of a source for old, faded, cracked photos (like from the 20’s – 40’s) I can use for a restoration project for a class? Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jeffc
Feb 9, 2005
On 8 Feb 2005 15:55:44 -0800, JayD wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for old, faded, cracked photos (like from the 20’s – 40’s) I can use for a restoration project for a class? Thanks.

These are quite often seen in junk/antique stores, along with old postcards. Not that I’ve ever been tempted…
J
jjs
Feb 9, 2005
"JayD" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a source for old, faded, cracked photos (like from the 20’s – 40’s) I can use for a restoration project for a class?

🙁 Where were you last November when a local ‘antique’ place threw away a box of old pictures. Well, that’s where you might check – junque shops.
J
jjs
Feb 9, 2005
"Pete" wrote in message
On 8 Feb 2005 15:55:44 -0800, JayD wrote:

These are quite often seen in junk/antique stores, along with old postcards. Not that I’ve ever been tempted…

I’ve been tempted to add things to those junk collections – you know, sneak it out of my coat, stuff it in. What can they do?
B
Brian
Feb 9, 2005
jjs wrote:
"JayD" wrote in message

Does anyone know of a source for old, faded, cracked photos (like from the 20’s – 40’s) I can use for a restoration project for a class?

🙁 Where were you last November when a local ‘antique’ place threw away a box of old pictures. Well, that’s where you might check – junque shops.
Are you looking for the actual photos themselves, or would scans of old photos suffice? I do photo restoration myself and I have plenty of old photos I have scanned and then fixed up. If a scan is fine, how "bad" do you need them to be? I have images ranging from a little shabby to disastrous!

Brian.
J
JayD
Feb 9, 2005
Brian wrote:

Are you looking for the actual photos themselves, or would scans of
old
photos suffice? I do photo restoration myself and I have plenty of
old
photos I have scanned and then fixed up. If a scan is fine, how "bad"
do
you need them to be? I have images ranging from a little shabby to disastrous!

Brian.

Scans would be perfect – anything from bad to really bad
DN
Doug Nelson
Feb 9, 2005
"JayD" wrote in
news::

Take a look at our Challenges and Archives.

– Doug Nelson

==============================
http://www.retouchpro.com — the #1 online community for retouchers and restorers

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections