PS &: Why does Color Settings Dialog Open When Starting Program?

Z
Posted By
zloi
Jan 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Couldn’t find the answer to this in the help files or forum Q’s. I have PS 7, and it seems to me I never used to have this problem when starting the program. For some time now, though, after starting up the computer afresh, when I go to open PS, a dialog box opens asking if I want to customize the Color Settings now or later–as though I were opening the program for the first time! Anyone have any idea what’s going on? This is a trifle annoying. BTW, seems like, if I just close the program and go do something else without turning off the computer, then reopen it, it doesn’t do this. Weird!

Thanks for any "insights",
-Tom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Jan 6, 2004
Tom,

It’s ‘losing’ it’s colour settings – possibly a corrupt preference file. Try re-making your colour settings and save them to a colour settings file (.CSF). That way it’s a lot easier to reload them if it should happen again
Z
zloi
Jan 6, 2004
Well yeah, certainly the program is "losing" these settings, the question is, why? And why now, ie. I don’t understand what has started it doing this. I do reset the settings everytime this happens–it doesn’t take long, but it IS annoying. BTW, I ran a file search inside the PS program, and it did not turn up any ".csf" files.

Thanks for your swift response!
-Tom
Z
zloi
Jan 6, 2004
Actually Len, following up on your suggestion, I found the "csf" files in the ‘Common Files" folder and saved the "custom" settings there as your reccomended, so this may settle the problem. Thanks.

-Tom
L
LenHewitt
Jan 7, 2004
You’re welcome, Tom

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections