Posted By
Shara_Danziger
Jan 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I am hoping that some of you all can point me in the right direction. I drew a tree in Photoshop using the paintbrush tool and a Wacom tablet. The tree looks fine, except the edges look a bit uneven. The tree is for a logo and I need the edges to look very smooth, and not at all jagged. It was suggested to me that I increase the resolution which I did to no avail.
Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
larry
Jan 12, 2004
Without seeing it, you can try doing a selection on the tree, inverting and adding a stroke.

Larry Berman
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Jan 12, 2004
….after converting your selection to a path, you could try stroking it with your eraser too.
B
BLUDVLZ
Jan 12, 2004
Shara,

If the file is to be a logo, then you’re probably building it in the wrong program. You should be using a program like Illustrator, Corel Draw or Freehand.

As to your issue at hand, increasing the resolution, post design will only create a muddier, blurrier image. You need to start out at your desired resolution and then design your file.

Here’s a link for some other helpful considerations regarding logo creations (it’s a shameless self-promotions, but it is a good resource).
BLUDVLZ "BLUDVLZ’s Logo Manifesto" 8/3/03 8:23am </cgi-bin/webx?14/0>

HTH
PC
Philo_Calhoun
Jan 12, 2004
I second what Bludvlz recommends: don’t bother to do this in PS. Your results might be better than they are now, but they will never equal vector output.
SD
Shara_Danziger
Jan 13, 2004
Thanks so much! I am off to try to get this design perfect…and maybe work in Illustrator!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections