ksteffer
Mar 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi NG

Regarding Photoshop SC:
I was wondering why you can’t contract a selection after you have SELECTED ALL.

It’s obvious that I can’t Expand my selection but I would say that not being able to Contract is a bug – any one have an explanation for this?

-Kevin

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
jjs
Mar 9, 2005
wrote in message

Regarding Photoshop SC:

A work-around is to use Select-Modify-Border with 1 pixel checked. Then you can use any of the other modification options.
B
bogus
Mar 11, 2005
That has puzzeled me also. here is another workaround:

add a new layer

select all and fill with color

use Image/Frame size and add some pixels on all sides

select the color in the added layer

use Modify command

reduce the frame size back to original

jjs wrote:

wrote in message

Regarding Photoshop SC:

A work-around is to use Select-Modify-Border with 1 pixel checked. Then you can use any of the other modification options.

E
edjh
Mar 12, 2005
wrote:
Hi NG

Regarding Photoshop SC:

It’s obvious that I can’t Expand my selection but I would say that not being able to Contract is a bug – any one have an explanation for this?
-Kevin

Use Select>Transform Selection. If you click the chain link between W and H in the Options Bar you can contract by one pixel increments all around with a down arrow click or ten pixels with Shift-arrow. Or you can input numbers in the fields.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
B
Brian
Mar 12, 2005
edjh wrote:

wrote:

Hi NG

Regarding Photoshop SC:

-Kevin

Use Select>Transform Selection. If you click the chain link between W and H in the Options Bar you can contract by one pixel increments all around with a down arrow click or ten pixels with Shift-arrow. Or you can input numbers in the fields.

To contract a selection following SELECT ALL, you can simply click on SELECT > MODIFY > BORDER. Type in a number of pixels and the selection contracts by that amount on each side. Once you have done that, if you decide you entered the wrong amount, you will find the CONTRACT menu item is now enabled, so use that to adjust further, if needed.

Brian.

Brian.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections