J
Posted By
jennifer
Feb 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been using PhotoShop for about 6 months to design webpages. Really enjoy it. Have not had any problems that couldn’t be solved without a Google search…until now.

I have created a PSD file that contains 228 layers: 114 visible layers and then 114 non-visible to be used as the rollover effect. When I switch to ImageReady to create the rollover effects, I can not change the visibility of any layer. If I switch back to PhotoShop, I can change the visibility – just not in ImageReady.

What is going on? Do I have too many layers?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advacne,
Jennie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
jennifer
Feb 10, 2004
Ok – as a follow-up, here’s what else I have found.

I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that I had over 100 slices – since they start over numbering again at 1. So, I deleted slices until I was down to 99 slices.

After I did that, I could change the visibility of slices 25-99 but not slices 1-24.

So, what could I have done to slices 1-24 that will not let me change the visibility?

Thanks!
Jennie
H
heathrowe
Feb 10, 2004
Hey Jen
This is intrigue… but i think we need to know more to your situation…

Its possible that your slices overlap each other!!!

heathrowe
"Jennifer" wrote in message

I thought maybe it had something to do with the fact that I had over 100 slices – since they start over numbering again at 1. So, I deleted slices until I was down to 99 slices.

After I did that, I could change the visibility of slices 25-99 but not slices 1-24.

So, what could I have done to slices 1-24 that will not let me change the visibility?

Thanks!
Jennie
J
jennifer
Feb 10, 2004
The slices do not overlap. It is a "yellow pages" type listing for a community. So, there are categories just like you would find in the phone book. Each one has a rollover image. They are spaced evenly down the page. I did not let PhotoShop automagically do the slices – I did them manually with Snap To Slice turned on.

Since the first 24 slices are the only ones that I can not change the visibility on, it has to be something I did by accident. However, since I don’t know what I did, I don’t know what to turn off.

I am running on a Win XP box with PhotoShop 7.
H
heathrowe
Feb 10, 2004
it is odd…

I ran a simple test an duplicated a layer to pass the 100 layer mark as in your situation
thought i didn’t slice all of them, i didn’t have the problem with visibility toggling when i jumped to Imageready (Im using CS)

Idon’t suppose its a memory issue?? and/or scratch disk related??

Its prolly a long shot but try bumping the amount of memory allotted to photoshop in the preferences panel. close and restart, reopen that file.

also, have nothing(unimportant) else running in the background to see if thats that issue.

heathrowe
"heathrowe" wrote in message
Hey Jen
This is intrigue… but i think we need to know more to your situation…
Its possible that your slices overlap each other!!!

heathrowe

Thanks!
Jennie

J
jennifer
Feb 11, 2004
I’ve wasted too much time on this project. So, I deleted the offending slices, deleted the offending layers and cropped the image so that I only had the goods ones showing. Then I recreated the deleted ones in a different document and married them into one web page.
H
heathrowe
Feb 12, 2004
glad u found a solution
heathrowe
I’ve wasted too much time on this project. So, I deleted the offending slices, deleted the offending layers and cropped the image so that I only had the goods ones showing. Then I recreated the deleted ones in a different document and married them into one web page.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections