J
Posted By
johnkissane3
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use PS for 35mm Pos Scans and am very happy with PSCS (basic hobby not professional). Shadow/Highlight is making me search the basement and attic for throwaways that I never trashed.

Anyway, my question is on 16 bit. Scanned one tray at 16 bit and edited them with no real problems in 16 bit limitations. I see that some processes, especially filters, don’t work but Auto FX and process I usually work with are useable. My concern is outside applications and printing. I have not gone that far except for a few old minor apps that will not take 16 bit.

Now to the point….I want to continue in 16 bit and would like to know if there is anything I may be overlooking. Are there any walls I may hit as time goes on.

Thanks again, in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PC
Philo_Calhoun
Jan 20, 2004
When you are ready for printing, you can change to 8 bit. The primary advantage in 16 bit is that extensive manipulations in 16 bit are less likely to cause posterization.
J
johnkissane3
Jan 20, 2004
Duh…Dummy me, thought i would be locked in.

Philo, thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections