Not all Keyboard Shortcuts work…

Posted By
Jan 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Some shortcuts don’t work for me, I have the default keyboard shortcuts selected, that is nothing has been changed since installation but ctrl+z for undo/redo does not work, I have to go up to edit/undo.The Delete key or the backward and forward arrows do not work so editing type is a pain although I can type it in okay.
Strangely other functions work such as Alt key for Zooming out and Ctrl or Shift when used seperately.
This happens on both PC’s that I have Photoshop CS installed on, same thing and I know my keyboard works fine in Word or other apps.
How very strange, does anyone know what could cause this?

thankyou.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

V
viol8ion
Jan 20, 2004
Install a legal, non-pirated, non-cracked version and your problems should be solved.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 20, 2004
sean, update your keyboard drivers. there’s a faq on this.

viol, actually this doesn’t sound like a crack as he says crtl works sometimes…

Strangely other functions work such as Alt key for Zooming out and Ctrl or Shift when used seperately.
V
viol8ion
Jan 20, 2004
The drivers would be my second guess except that it is happening on 2 PCs which is suspicious…
JG
John_Gregson
Jan 20, 2004
I’ve had that sort of problem which was caused by a program I installed to simulate the Windows key (I run on a laptop). Even though I set the windows key to the right alt key, my left ctl key sometimes didn’t work.
CW
Colin_Walls
Jan 20, 2004
Sometimes we hear about Instant Messenger programs causing this kind of problem.
SG
shecky_greene
Jan 20, 2004
Trillian (an IM app) causes a variety of keyboard shortcuts in a lot of applications, including Photoshop.
RH
r_harvey
Jan 21, 2004
Trillian (an IM app) causes a variety of keyboard shortcuts in a lot of applications, including Photoshop.

The test for that is… If the original poster doesn’t come back, that’s not it.
R
rickhutson
Jan 21, 2004
No the test is they D/L the right CS crack that doesn’t disable the keys. Yes there is one that all the keys and functions work 100%. To date there are at least 2 different CS hacks out there. Now if someone comes up with the currency hack I wonder how many would be willing to break the law and install it?
DC
Dan_Crescent
Jan 21, 2004
The currency hack/patch has been out for 3 days now. I don’t use CS, so don’t ask.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 21, 2004
He’s a witch! Burn him! Burn him!!! 🙂
DC
Dan_Crescent
Jan 21, 2004
Warlock dagnabit.
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 21, 2004
HE TURNED ME INTO A NEWT!
DC
Dan_Crescent
Jan 21, 2004
I’m from AZ. You’re a gecko, not a newt. Hopefully Geicko has some openings still. 😉
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 21, 2004
I got better.
TF
Timothy_Foolery
Jan 21, 2004
Does the patch weigh less than a duck?
CR
Curtis_R._Purnell
Feb 10, 2004
This message is for Sean Chandler….you posted a message Aug 15,2003 which stated "Every time I launch Premiere 6.5 it starts up with the splash screen and begins to load but hangs at the point where it says ‘stop motion’ for about 30-40 secs, then carries on to complete"….could you tell me how you resolved that problem?

thank you

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections