A
Posted By
AlphaBase
Jan 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently, this problem’s been happening more and more often. I’ll have an image ("xxx.tif") open, and when I try to save it, I get an error message that says: Could not save as "xxx.tif" because that document is currently open. Save using a different name, or close the document and try again. But I can’t save as a different name. The ONLY thing that WORKS is, closing Photoshop and reopening, then trying again. But in the process, I’ve lost whatever changes I’ve made to xxx.tif.

A specific, common example: Open a TIF file, make some changes, reduce it to 72dpi, and try to Save As, as a JPG file, on my desktop. Can’t do it. Can’t save it ANYWHERE … not on drive C, drive D … keep getting the same bogus message.

Anybody got a clue what’s causing this? Sure would be grateful for some advice….. thanks!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
Jaden
Jan 24, 2004
Have seen this before using Windows XP but not with photoshop (the offender was office XP). Fixed it by creating and using a different user but exacty what the problem was with that user, I have no idea??

Mabye worth a try?

"bilglas" wrote in message
Recently, this problem’s been happening more and more often. I’ll have an image ("xxx.tif") open, and when I try to save it, I get an error message that says: Could not save as "xxx.tif" because that document is currently open. Save using a different name, or close the document and try again.
But
I can’t save as a different name. The ONLY thing that WORKS is, closing Photoshop and reopening, then trying again. But in the process, I’ve lost whatever changes I’ve made to xxx.tif.

A specific, common example: Open a TIF file, make some changes, reduce it
to
72dpi, and try to Save As, as a JPG file, on my desktop. Can’t do it.
Can’t
save it ANYWHERE … not on drive C, drive D … keep getting the same
bogus
message.

Anybody got a clue what’s causing this? Sure would be grateful for some advice….. thanks!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections