Posted By
GumbyLives
Jul 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I have just received a PS file and I want to copy the channel information to a regular layer. These are layers in the channel tab that are lying below the typical r, g and b layers.
Does anyone know how I can copy this information into a regular layer in my layers tab.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank you
G

———————————————————— ————— All email has been scanned with the latest Norton Antivirus

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

O
Odysseus
Jul 29, 2005
In article <kZ4Ge.165762$>,
"GumbyLives" wrote:

I have just received a PS file and I want to copy the channel information to a regular layer. These are layers in the channel tab that are lying below the typical r, g and b layers.
Does anyone know how I can copy this information into a regular layer in my layers tab.

You can’t copy them directly. Go to (or create) the layer you want to paint in, Load Selection choosing the channel, then Fill with whatever colour you like.

Odysseus
B
bdchmura
Jul 29, 2005
In the Channels palette, Ctrl+click the channel you want and there should be a selection with marching ants now. Go to the Layers palette and at the bottom click New Layer. Just Fill in the Selection.
hope this helps.

Gary W. Chmura

"GumbyLives" wrote in message
Hi,
Thank you
G

———————————————————— ————— All email has been scanned with the latest Norton Antivirus
S
Sean
Jul 29, 2005
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:21:20 GMT, "GumbyLives" reverently intoned upon the aether:

Hi,
Thank you
G

It can be done.

Select the channel you want in the Channels palette, then select all (CTRL-A) and copy (CTRL-C). Then simply click on a layer in the Layers palette (shift from working on Channels to working on Layers) and paste (CTRL-V).

Voila! You have turned a channel into a layer. Caveat: I only tested this in CS2, but it should work in earlier versions if I remember correctly.

enjoy,

Sean

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

– Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)

New Website
http://www.envisagement.com/
Last Updated 23 June 2005

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections