Posted By
Kmicic
Sep 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello.
The company I work in have just bought an Adobe CS set. This consist of few CD (one with a global, common tutorial) and a book – also global for using all the Suite applications together.
I’m suffering from lack of detailed ImageReady tutorials, help and instructions especially about using tools. I saw through the help in IR, there is even a big chapter about creating web pages (which i’m interested in) but i can’t find the tools description – the help is common for both Photoshop and IR and when you search some topic, you find the photoshop features, not IR.

I want to learn about creating shapes as buttons, bookmarks etc. with e.g. curved rectangle tool an i’m confused with editing it in IR. I know Photoshop but the tools are new for me.
I want some tutorial.

Thanks for help –
Michael

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
edjh
Sep 3, 2005
Kmicic wrote:
Hello.
The company I work in have just bought an Adobe CS set. This consist of few CD (one with a global, common tutorial) and a book – also global for using all the Suite applications together.
I’m suffering from lack of detailed ImageReady tutorials, help and instructions especially about using tools. I saw through the help in IR, there is even a big chapter about creating web pages (which i’m interested in) but i can’t find the tools description – the help is common for both Photoshop and IR and when you search some topic, you find the photoshop features, not IR.

I want to learn about creating shapes as buttons, bookmarks etc. with e.g. curved rectangle tool an i’m confused with editing it in IR. I know Photoshop but the tools are new for me.
I want some tutorial.

Thanks for help –
Michael
There are tutorials on the web. The Image Ready tools and Photoshop tools are pretty much the same. Whatever icon you see in the toolbox for one does the same in the other for the most part. Turn on tool tips and when you find something unfamiliar look it up in Help.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
DL
Donald Link
Sep 3, 2005
Probably the best thing you can do is forget about Image Ready for anything and go onto a useful software for your web development.

On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 01:32:13 +0200, "Kmicic"
wrote:

Hello.

I want some tutorial.

Thanks for help –
Michael

H
Hecate
Sep 4, 2005
wrote:

I want some tutorial.
Don’t worry about IR. It’s a total dog and anyway, the version in CS2 is the last one Adobe will produce. Find some software that does the job properly and use that. If it’s web design you’re after than the Dreamweaver/Fireworks combination is by far the best.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
R
Roberto
Sep 4, 2005
"Kmicic"
I want to learn about creating shapes as buttons, bookmarks etc. with e.g. curved rectangle tool an i’m confused with editing it in IR.

Look at the premade Actions in IR.
Window – Actions

If Adobe trashes IR, I sure hope they include some of its functions, such as variables, in Photoshop.
R
Roberto
Sep 4, 2005
"Hecate" wrote

If it’s web design you’re after than the
Dreamweaver/Fireworks combination is by far the best.

Why not. It’s all Adobe now.
W
webnewbie
Sep 4, 2005
Hecate wrote:
wrote:

I want some tutorial.
Don’t worry about IR. It’s a total dog and anyway, the version in CS2 is the last one Adobe will produce. Find some software that does the job properly and use that. If it’s web design you’re after than the Dreamweaver/Fireworks combination is by far the best.

Why does Adobe put out IR when they have GoLive? How does GoLive measure up against Dreamweaver/Fireworks? Will Adobe drop GoLive as well?
H
Hecate
Sep 4, 2005
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:12:47 GMT, wrote:

Hecate wrote:
wrote:

I want some tutorial.

Why does Adobe put out IR when they have GoLive? How does GoLive measure up against Dreamweaver/Fireworks? Will Adobe drop GoLive as well?

Because GoLive is a web site builder/designer app (i.e it’s about page and site design, not image manipulation) and IR was, supposedly, for producing images to be put in those web sites. IMHO, it never did anything well and wasn’t even on the same planet, never mind the same league, as Fireworks.

GoLive isn’t bad, but it’s clunky, difficult to learn and, most importantly from my POV doesn’t handle the use of templates anywhere near as well as Dreamweaver. As far as I’m concerned is only useful when you have a page in InDesign that you want to turn into a web page. You can send it from ID directly into GoLive and it creates a web page. At which point I save it, shut down GoLive and open the page in Dreamweaver.

I would assume, now that Adobe have Dreamweaver, which is the most used professional web site design software, that they’ll take the good bits out of GL (it does have some, just not very many <g>) add them to Dreamweaver and say a not so fond farewell to GL.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
A
archy
Sep 4, 2005
"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message
"Kmicic"
I want to learn about creating shapes as buttons, bookmarks etc. with
e.g.
curved rectangle tool an i’m confused with editing it in IR.

Look at the premade Actions in IR.
Window – Actions

If Adobe trashes IR, I sure hope they include some of its functions, such as variables, in Photoshop.
PS CS2 has got variables already.

archy
"we only live, only suspire,
consumed by either fire or fire" (T.S. Eliot)

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections