Re: READER version 6 Broke my Acrobat Install: What can I do?

DC
Posted By
David Crick
Feb 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 12:52:06 -0800, gert_triblet wrote:

I’ve got a system with Adobe Acrobat & Distiller 5.0 installed. I recently upgraded to Reader 6.0 using the download off of the web. Now whenever I attempt to open a PDF file using while clicking a link in Internet Explorer I get an error message that says "Adobe Acrobat cannot be found." The only workaround I’ve found is to open Acrobat 6 up in the background before clicking on the link which is obviously a bit of a PITA.

I am also having a problem now that 1/2 the time I try to print to the Distiller Printer driver from Microsoft Word the system hangs.
WHISKY TANGO FOXTROT?

Upgrading to Reader 6 did the same thing to my system. On tope of that it screwed up the "help" function in Adobe Illustrator. Whenever I try to access help within illustrator I get an error message that says there isn’t a "default browser" set even though there really is a default browser.

Sucks.

Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6 has hosed me good. I’ve tried installing and reinstalling but everything is bad.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections