J
Posted By
johnkissane3
Feb 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Upgraded to PS CS and use for Advanced Amateur Photography only. Extra CD has Total Training lessons. I have used PS for a few years and have only used the basic tools, Image/adjustments. I need better knowledge of color management, layers, history etc.

I have enough books but find it hard to translate the concepts to actual hands-on photo fixing. Nice chapter but now what? type of block.

Any opinions on Total Training DVD (PS CS), at a hefty price of US299. Thanks in advance.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

QP
Q_Photo
Feb 8, 2004
I have at least a half dozen books on Photoshop and read all of the articles that are available in the photo magazines. Purchased the Total training DVD’s and I think they are great. It is so easy to review things over and over until you grasp the subject. This is good for me as I’m not a fast learner. I still love all of my books and will continue to read them. I must say they make much more sense to me because of the DVD’s. I know people that have spent a couple hundred dollars to take classes at a local college. They still come to me for advice.
PC
Patty_Clarke
Feb 8, 2004
John,

I agree with Q. I purchased the CS suite package deal Total Training Videos recently. I’m about half way through the photoshop training and it really is a very good learning method for me as well.

My training DVDs include PS, Illy, Go-Live, In-Design and Version Cue. I spent $500 on the whole deal–are you sure ps itself is $299??

Anyway, I have a 13" tv next to my computer so I can view the training and execute the lessons at the same time. I’m like Q in the sense that I’m not the "quickest" out of the gate for understanding this stuff so I really like the training series. (I also take classes at the local junior college).

Have you visited the Total Training site and experienced any of their demos?

Patty
J
johnkissane3
Feb 8, 2004
Q and Patty

Thanks, I looked at some demos and feel exactly as you do. Guess I was looking for confirmation.

Patty, yes 299 for PS, but I’ll double check, when I order. That’s all I need.

Regards

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections