A
Posted By
AFN
Feb 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m using Photoshop and right now I have dual 19" CRT monitors at 1280 x 1024 each. They are Hitachi monitors with a super crisp .22 dot pitch. I don’t see dots unless I really look close.

Now I want to upgrade to 1 big LCD monitor or 2 smaller ones. I went to the store and I saw a bunch of LCD monitors, including the apple 23" cinema wide one. I wanted to see the Samsung, but it wasn’t available to see. My general opinion? The pixels are just too noticeable. It bothered me. So I looked at the laptop screens and a 14" Sony Vaio with roughly 1400 x 1000 resolution looked nice, as did a 15" Vaio screen with the same resolution. Was I just more impressed with these because there were more pixels per square inch than the 19" LCDs I saw with 1280 x 1024 resolution??? I don’t know.

Can someone suggest an LCD monitor that looks really good without all the noticeable pixels? 1 big one or 2 smaller ones. And does "dot pitch" matter on LCDs like it did when I bought these two Hitachi CRT monitors I have now?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections