PA
Posted By
Paulo_Alegria
Feb 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just curious. Anyone knows what hapened to Adobe Magazine? I receive all numbers from start of 1996 to the end of 1998, then I never received it, and I never found it anywhere, I even sent some emails in 1999 asking, but I never received feedback. As I said, I’m only curious.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

J
JasonSmith
Feb 18, 2004
It was discontinued. As I understand it – Photoshop User Magazine is it’s un-official replacement.
B
Brian
Feb 18, 2004
JasonSmith wrote:
As I understand it – Photoshop User Magazine is it’s un-official replacement.

Well, I’m not sure about that since PU is not published by Adobe, and only covers Photoshop (whereas Adobe magazine – which is sorely missed BTW – covered the entire product line).
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 19, 2004
Jason was right. When they killed Adobe Magazine, everyone was switched over to Photoshop User. If you called you could get a refund instead.

Bob
B
Brian
Feb 19, 2004
Robert_Levine wrote:
Jason was right. When they killed Adobe Magazine, everyone was switched over to Photoshop User. If you called you could get a refund instead.

I would call that Adobe doing what they legally had to, to live up to their obligations to subscribers, not specifically creating or endorsing a replacement. PSU in no way replaces AM, not even close.
PA
Paulo_Alegria
Feb 19, 2004
thanks to all!

I understand now why they stop sending me the magazine.
What I doesn’t understand is why they never told me anything about it, since I’ve been regestering online all versions of photoshop I bought.

I saw <http://www.photoshopuser.com> it looks like I have to pay almost the same I’m paying for Photoshop upgrades to receive the magazine 🙂 how kind they are! It looks that I’m not enough pro to waste so much money, since I’m in Portugal, I was only interested in the magazine and nothing more.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 19, 2004
I did say ‘unofficial’ BTW.
P
Phosphor
Feb 20, 2004
Check out MacDesign magazine, Paulo.

<http://www.macdesignonline.com/>

[Edit: Oops! Forgot I was on the Windows Forum! Ehhh, well, it’s a decent magazine nonetheless. You might have to hold your nose to get past the magazine’s editorial positioning regarding Windows, though]

And yeah, put me down as another reader who was sorely disappointed when Adobe magazine ceased production.
I
ID._Awe
Feb 20, 2004
Well it may be the dark side, but it spun off into a series of great tut sites! Oh, my precious…
J
JasonSmith
Feb 20, 2004
MacDesign, also by KW Media – the publishers of Photoshop User.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 20, 2004
I like Mac Design. But, I think Scott Kelby gets a bit carried away with Windows bashing.

Bob
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Feb 20, 2004
For others interested by Adobe Magazine, check out: <http://www.adobe.com/products/adobemag/pastissues.html>

And Adobe Magazine is still published! …well, in Australia: <http://www.adobe.com.au/magazine/archive.html>
P
Phosphor
Feb 20, 2004
It’s his baby, Bob…I say he can do what he likes, though I’ll admit the tone gets a little cloying at times.

Have you never witnessed any Windows bias in reportage, in say, any ZIFF-Davis publications?

I’m not being argumentative here, just putting things in perspective.
RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 20, 2004
It’s his baby, Bob…I say he can do what he likes, though I’ll admit the tone gets a little cloying at times.

I’m not arguing, it is his magazine. And I even find some of his responses to readers funny. But some of it is just plain stupid and IMO, takes away from his credibility.

Bob
B
Brian
Feb 23, 2004
But some of it is just plain stupid and IMO,
takes away from his credibility.

Scott has *any* credibility left?
8^)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections