T
Posted By
TouchNova
May 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First, I’m an idiot for not having saved my document sooner…I must have been on crack. Still, I’m in a situation where I need to know if there is a way to recover an image file I was working on from the scratch disk information in Photoshop CS. I had been working for quite some time when my whole computer locked up on me, and I hadn’t made any recent saves. I had to hit the reset button, which hasn’t ever been an issue. Regardless, the "temp" file it was using for memory when it crapped out is still sitting on the 120GB HDD I have specifically for Photoshop. Is there a way to rename the file, import, open that temp information, anything? I’m in the hurts…

Regards,
TouchNova

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
May 4, 2004
TouchNova wrote:
First, I’m an idiot for not having saved my document sooner…I must have been on crack. Still, I’m in a situation where I need to know if there is a way to recover an image file I was working on from the scratch disk information in Photoshop CS. I had been working for quite some time when my whole computer locked up on me, and I hadn’t made any recent saves. I had to hit the reset button, which hasn’t ever been an issue. Regardless, the "temp" file it was using for memory when it crapped out is still sitting on the 120GB HDD I have specifically for Photoshop. Is there a way to rename the file, import, open that temp information, anything? I’m in the hurts…

The prognosis is not good.

AFAIK the scratch file contains the image data, most of it anyway, but it is split into tiles and the tiles may be incomplete. Recovering the image may amount to a forensic exercise, and you’re probably better off simply starting over again.

Perhaps someone else has something more optimistic to add to this. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
T
TouchNova
May 4, 2004
Thank you for your reply. I figured it wouldn’t be easy, but maybe you’re right…someone might have a more optimistic approach. 🙂

Thanks man,
TouchNova
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
TouchNova wrote:

The prognosis is not good.

AFAIK the scratch file contains the image data, most of it anyway, but it
is
split into tiles and the tiles may be incomplete. Recovering the image
may
amount to a forensic exercise, and you’re probably better off simply starting over again.

Perhaps someone else has something more optimistic to add to this. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections