How to simulate letters carved into wood?

-D
Posted By
– dave –
May 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can some explain to me (in newbie terms) how I can simulate letters carved into wood?

If there’s an online tutorial that will fit the bill, even better.

Thank you.

David.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

F
Fungusamungus
May 24, 2004
There are multiple ways to do it, but I’ll try to explain this in the easiest way:

1] create your image, and fill it with your wood texture. 2] on a new layer, create your text
3] control + click the text layer, so that each letter is selected. 4] highlight the wood texture layer, and choose new layer via copy from the layers menu
5] Add an inner shadow. This will give you a somewhat cut in effect. Play with the settings until you get it how you want it.
6] define the edge opposite the shadow. This can be done two ways: through an inner glow, or if you want it less ‘glaring’, you can use the selection tool to move the text over and up/down by one or two pixels. This will offset the text from the rest of the texture, so even w/o a defined highlight, your mind draws an edge around the letters.

Hope that helped!
"- dave -" wrote in message
Can some explain to me (in newbie terms) how I can simulate letters carved into wood?

Thank you.

David.

V
Voivod
May 24, 2004
On Mon, 24 May 2004 20:48:44 +0100, "- dave -" scribbled:

Try the techniques discussed here:
http://www.worth1000.com/tutorial.asp?sid=160983
RP
Richard Pattle
May 26, 2004
"- dave -" wrote in message

Thank you.

David.
I think this may fit the bill….

http://www.arraich.com/elements/pse_ttextures1.htm

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections