P
Posted By
pshaw
Jan 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i received the ‘best of photoshop user dvd – the 7th year’ and can’t get it to run: a message saying i need a plug in pops up. i called the company that makes it "photoshopvideos.com" and they want me to buy a $30 software to run it! does anyone know what plug in i need and where to get it for free? i have tried wmp 10, real and free quicktime.

tia … steve

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

NS
Nicholas Sherlock
Jan 18, 2006
wrote:
i received the ‘best of photoshop user dvd – the 7th year’ and can’t get it to run: a message saying i need a plug in pops up. i called the company that makes it "photoshopvideos.com" and they want me to buy a $30 software to run it! does anyone know what plug in i need and where to get it for free? i have tried wmp 10, real and free quicktime.

Is the message saying that Windows Media player doesn’t play DVDs without a plugin? What software are they telling you to use? "Media Player Classic" plays DVDs, and it is free.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock
P
pshaw
Jan 19, 2006
thanks for the comments …

the video was ‘free’ from napp (which i like btw) … and when i spoke to them they mentioned that they were making sure the newest dvd did not require any non standard software; i do have the latest windows and quicktime – no luck …but! i did find www.videolan.org has a program called the vlc media player and they say it will play most media and indeed it does! and the price is right, free 🙂 … and i’ll check out ‘media player classic’ …thanks …

i have been able to play every other dvd, including russell brown (he is the best!)’s …just not the one from photoshopvideos.com … i can not recommend them if only for that reason …

i’m 1/2 way through the first dvd and its nice to actually see in front of me what i read in the magazine. once again i highly recommend napp (www.photoshopuser.com) for the beginning/intermediate photoshop user like myself (no financial interest) … one benefit is you pay no shipping charges with b&h!

steve emmet

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:12:33 +1300, Nicholas Sherlock
wrote:

wrote:

Is the message saying that Windows Media player doesn’t play DVDs without a plugin? What software are they telling you to use? "Media Player Classic" plays DVDs, and it is free.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections