Posted By
TC
Mar 12, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

2 questions about placing outline around selections (in CS2)

1. Is there a simple way of making an automatic brush stroke around a selection – i.e. I select an object and then perform an action which places a specified thickness/colour brush stroke around that object.

2. How would I create a band of pattern around a selection – i.e. I select an object, then I make a second selection which is automatically 5px larger than the first selection, and then use the pattern tool to fill the gap. Is this possible in some way ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Tobit

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
phstuken
Mar 12, 2006
its called "stroke", you find it under "edit" in Photoshop h

1. Is there a simple way of making an automatic brush stroke around a selection – i.e. I select an object and then perform an action which places a specified thickness/colour brush stroke around that object.
2. How would I create a band of pattern around a selection – i.e. I select an object, then I make a second selection which is automatically 5px larger than the first selection, and then use the pattern tool to fill the gap. Is this possible in some way ?

Tobit
K
kctan
Mar 12, 2006
Answer 2: Select> Modify> Border… and type in number of pixels needed.

"P.H. Stuken" wrote in message
its called "stroke", you find it under "edit" in Photoshop h

Tobit

T
TC
Mar 12, 2006
It was the border command I was after

Thanks

Tobit

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections