RN
Posted By
Rod_Newbery
Feb 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop 7 has begun to drag very seriously when opening up. I updated to 7.0.1 which seemed to help for the first two times, then it went back to hanging when it comes to "sorting font lists", at that point it may take up to 5 min. to finish opening.

I have also found that it takes abnormally long to save a file which would normally take a couple of seconds, it will now take several minutes.

I have placed the scratch disc selections on different drives, but that is not helping either.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

V
viol8ion
Feb 26, 2004
How many fonts? What OS?

A quick thing to try would be to reset your preferences. if that doesn’t do it, use a font management app and uninstall any unused fonts, or suspicious ones. If you have 1000’s of fonts, especially freebies from the web, your cause could be there.
RN
Rod_Newbery
Feb 29, 2004
I am using Windows XP and I keep the number of fonts on my system to 300 or less at any one time.

I guess the thing that seems strange is that everything has been fine up until now.

Anyway I will try your suggestion and see what happens.
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections