Color Repair of a print made from a negative which received a "non image forming exposure"

KR
Posted By
Kenny_R_Runner
Feb 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
System-win xp pro. computer-IBM clone pentium lll 600MHz w/196 RAM Photoshop-ver 7.0.1 Printer- Epson Stylus Photo 1280
Kenny R Runner
I have a modest level of knowledge with computers and Photoshop . The file I was asked to repair has OK colors at the right & left edges but the main subject(two people)are somewhat "obscured" by what I belive to be a "non image forming exposure" which , I understand , is NOT ordinary FOG (which normally would wipe out the image) but instead is "mechanical flare" which, in one case, could be light bouncing off a scratch or nick inside lens barrel. Another case, I might guess, could be a small light leak in the film cassette.
At any rate I don’t think this is just a case of using levels or curves to adjust the color "balence" but instead it seems to need a "repair" if that makes any sense. I sure the answer is out there ! Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BG
barry_gray
Feb 28, 2004
You could try duplicating the layer 1 or more times, setting each layer blend mode to multiply. If that brings out the missing info then it’s a matter of masking out the areas that or OK in the original.
JR
John_R_Nielsen
Feb 28, 2004
Image >Apply Image.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections