Setup unable to load a necessary installation file???

M
Posted By
mykward
Feb 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I went to use Photoshop one day and it said it could not locate photoshp.exe so I uninstalled Photoshop, then deleted the directory, then tried to reinstall it. Now I get the following message
"Setup unable to load a necessary installation file, Setup will not continue."

Can anyone help me out?? I know the disk is still good because I am able to install from the disk on another machine. PLEEEEZE help

Michael Ward

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Mar 1, 2004
sounds like a corrupt disk. what version of ps? what os? have you tried copying the photoshop folder from the cd to the desktop and running setup.exe from there?
M
mykward
Mar 1, 2004
Yes I did that as well
I used 2 different disks. The current disk I used was able to install on another machine without a hitch.
Photoshop 7.0
Windows 98 SE
AMD athlon XP 2600+
512 MB Ram
250GB HDD
52X DVDrw/CDrw drive

I tried both disks that I have and it will not install. It is like Windows wil not let it continue. I have even done a registry clean using Ontrack System Suite 5.0 My system is fine and functions properly, I just cannot get PS to install. Any ideas???

Michael Ward
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 1, 2004
try in safe mode with av and all other apps shut down.
M
mykward
Mar 1, 2004
Yep did that too. It was the next thing that I tried. Nothing seems to work. Wahhhhh this really sux. I appreciate all your help, but if there are any other ideas that you have that I haven’t tried, I would gladly give them a shot.

TIA
Michael Ward
DM
dave_milbut
Mar 1, 2004
the obvious is a re-format.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections