Posted By
alexos
Apr 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I usually create PDF’s from other apps – namely, ArcMap and Autocad – and import them in PS to fiddle with them. Now, I never had any problem doing that with CS, but CS2 is giving me all sorts of headaches:

– the preview window. I really don’t want that. I mean, if I’m importing a full-page A0 at 150 dpi the rasterizing process is already long enough without having to wait the additional minutes (minutes!) for the tiny, useless preview image. I can’t seem to find a way to turn it off, but I trust someone here will point me to the hidden but obvious solution?

– Every now and then (usually when I’m on a deadline) I get a perfectly-looking PDF file, except after rasterization it becomes a blank image. I *can* get an actual working image by exporting as a TIFF from Acrobat, but that makes it lose transparency – which I really do need, of course. I tried different resolutions to no avail – it must be said that it only happens with vectors, but knowing that doesn’t help me much.

Help?

ADP.

P.S: oh yah: P4D 3.2 ghz, 2gb RAM, Xp pro SP2.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections