DH
Posted By
David Habercom
Jun 6, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can I reduce the number of colors in an image in PS — to, say, 40? How would I do it? Thanks!

David

v=b
www.davidhabercom.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AM
Andrew Morton
Jun 6, 2006
David Habercom wrote:
Can I reduce the number of colors in an image in PS — to, say, 40? How would I do it? Thanks!

You could use File->Save for web…, choose GIF and set the number of colours. You can try it with no diffusion, and you can change what the colours it’s using are by double-clicking them.

Andrew
BH
Bill Hilton
Jun 6, 2006
David Habercom wrote:

In addition to the GIF suggestion you might try Image – Adjustments – Posterize and vary the Levels setting …

Bill
T
toby
Jun 6, 2006
David Habercom wrote:

Mode->Indexed Colour and choose Palette: Local, and just enter the number of colours you want in the palette.

David

v=b
www.davidhabercom.com
DH
David Habercom
Jun 6, 2006
"toby" wrote in news:1149603934.654778.277500 @i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Mode->Indexed Colour and choose Palette: Local, and just enter the number of colours you want in the palette.
Thanks. That seems simple enough!

v=b
www.davidhabercom.com
DH
David Habercom
Jun 6, 2006
That is less precise than Toby’s Mode->Indexed Colour approach, but I like the idea of having a preview, which may suit my purposes better. I’ll play with that, too. Thanks, guys!

"Bill Hilton" wrote in news:1149602816.175006.84870 @h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

In addition to the GIF suggestion you might try Image – Adjustments – Posterize and vary the Levels setting …

Bill

v=b
www.davidhabercom.com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections