N
Posted By
nickfo
Jun 13, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop CS2 and ever since I installed it all colors in my pictures that should be white show up beige. Even in the color pallate it shows up beige. Is there any way this could be fixed? thaks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BH
Bill Hilton
Jun 13, 2006
nickfo wrote:
I am using Photoshop CS2 and ever since I installed it all colors in my pictures that should be white show up beige. Even in the color pallate it shows up beige. Is there any way this could be fixed? thaks

Do you have an accurate ICC monitor profile?

Bill
I
inez
Jun 13, 2006
On 6/13/06 3:13 PM, nickfo commented:

Sounds like your Proof setup might be set to simulate paper, or in RGB it might be set to Absolute Colormetric.
MR
Mike Russell
Jun 14, 2006
"nickfo" wrote in message

There can be a several reasons for this. At least two of them will be solved if you run Adobe gamma again, and specify a color temperature of 6500. Sometimes beige is a good thing, if you want to simulate a more natural lighting situation for printed material, using a color temp of 5000 or so.

There used to be a problem with certain video drivers displaying yellow when used in conjunction with Photoshop, but that problem was several years ago: http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/319456.html

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
RG
Roy G
Jun 14, 2006
"nickfo" wrote in message

I suspect Bill Hilton is on the right tracks with his suggestion that your Monitor might be in severe need of Calibration.

If you also have Printer Profiles on your system, and "Proof" is set for one of them, and "Proof Colour" is also active, then that could very easily make the Colour inaccuracies even worse.

Assuming, of course, that your Printer does not produce images which match your current Screen Display.

Which it could do.

IF your system has very recently been set up with Profiles, and accurately Calibrated, then the change from the native Colour Temp of 9300K to the correct Temp of 6500K could appear to be showing White as an "Off White".

BUT your Printer would then produce images which do match your screen display, and would be accurate to true life. It might take you some time to get used to these accurate colours.

An uncorrected Monitor will produce an overbright and "whiter than white" White, which actually has too much Blue in it..

Roy G
T
Tacit
Jun 14, 2006
In article ,
"nickfo" wrote:

This is a well-known problem. It’ll happen if you run Adobe gamma but do not specify the correct monitor white point setting. Most likely, you can fix your problem by running Adobe Gamma again.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
Nanohazard, Geek shirts, and more: http://www.villaintees.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections