Posted By
Terry
Jul 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

When I’m editing a picture or even creating one from scratch, if I go to Filter – Distort – Wave, nothing happens. I don’t see a dialog, nothing. The image doesn’t change a bit.

However, all other distortions in Filter – Distort menu work as expected; their dialogs show up and the effect is applied.

Stranger still, after clicking Filter – Distort – Wave and getting no joy, if I press CTRL-F (to reapply the latest filter) THEN a wave effect is applied. I still don’t see any settings dialog though!

I installed the latest patches last week. I tried rebooting, cleaning out the ‘Application Data’ dir.
Any ideas greatly appreciated.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

T
Terry
Jul 9, 2006
Terry wrote:
Hi,

When I’m editing a picture or even creating one from scratch, if I go to Filter – Distort – Wave, nothing happens. I don’t see a dialog, nothing. The image doesn’t change a bit.

FYI: The problem was that I had another *.8bf file with the same name (wave.8bf) in the Third-Party plug in directory. I renamed the offending file and that solved the problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections