<b>Text size set at 6pt but looks like 20pt.

LS
Posted By
L Shea
Jul 4, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My text size is set at 6pt, but on the image it appears to be about a 20pt. This has only been happening recently. Is this something that can be changed with settings? i haven’t changed settings that could make this change. i’m not sure what to do… please post.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 4, 2003
6 pt is 6 pt printed, but will appear relatively larger or smaller to the document itself because of document ppi.

You’re probably working at 72 currently where previously you worked at 300, or somesuch?

Mac
DM
dave milbut
Jul 5, 2003
vice-versa
CK
Candice KausHagen
Jul 8, 2003
I’m having the same problem. I usually work in 72ppi, but I’m doing a project at 300 and my text is just massive. In order to get it down to a "normal" paragraph size it’s got to be like 3pt. Should I just use px sizing instead of pt? Or what?

candice
MM
Mac McDougald
Jul 9, 2003
It just *looks* big.
Look at it with View/Print Size
Or zoom image down so you can see all of it at one time. Double click on hand and it will show it as large as it can without scrolling (check "ignore palletes" also when zoom tool selected, so they don’t stop the sizing).

It’s the fact that your monitor can only show x number of pixels at a time over its area.

If you need a certain point size in relation to your print size, you have to learn to live with it. It will print correctly. If you size the fonts down, they will not print in relation to your page size correctly.

Mac

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections