Jan 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi

I am following a tutorial to create a header. It is located here:

http://www.aggropixel.com/index.php?id=35

I am at the portion where I have to use the rectangle marquee tool to create a selection (It is the 5th picture of step 4 of the tutorial.) and my selection comes out with rounded corners???
Yes I am using the rectangle marquee tool not another, I have played around with all the options I could click on to no avail. I can provide a picture of my "Rounded" rectangle marquee tool selection if someone wants to see it.

Thanks in advance

Patrick
vaindiouxatyahoo.com

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
Cadarnfel
Jan 8, 2007
varois83 wrote the following:

Hi

I am following a tutorial to create a header. It is located here:
http://www.aggropixel.com/index.php?id=35

I am at the portion where I have to use the rectangle marquee tool to create a selection (It is the 5th picture of step 4 of the tutorial.) and my selection comes out with rounded corners???
Yes I am using the rectangle marquee tool not another, I have played around with all the options I could click on to no avail. I can provide a picture of my "Rounded" rectangle marquee tool selection if someone wants to see it.

Thanks in advance

Patrick
vaindiouxatyahoo.com

Make sure that you’ve set the feathering option to 0px – any other setting will create rounded corners on the selection marquee.

Cadarnfel
"Learning without thought is labour lost;
Thought without learning is perilous."
   –  Confucius
V
varois83
Jan 8, 2007
Cadarnfel wrote:

Make sure that you’ve set the feathering option to 0px – any other setting will create rounded corners on the selection marquee.

That did it!

Thanks a lot for the help

Patrick
T
Tacit
Jan 17, 2007
In article ,
"varois83" wrote:

You have a feather set on your selection.

Examine the options bar on the top of your screen closely, and set the Feather to 0.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections