How do you created un-stripped TIFFs? What are they?

BC
Posted By
brett_cameron
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
What are stripped TIFFS? We use a program called Dialogue that supports a dynamic file import process. It handles TIFF images, but when I tried using the process it did not work. I have been told that the TIFFs I was trying to use were stripped. And it cannot handle stripped TIFFs.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? How do you de-strip a TIFF? What does it become after you do that?

Any help is appreciated!

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Apr 2, 2004
You might use the tiffcp utility to convert the images to single-strip images.

I wold have to say i havnt got a clue what that means though.
TT
Toby_Thain
Apr 4, 2004
The TIFF format allows images to be broken up into independent "strips" (later specs also provide for "tiles"). The main reason why this is sometimes a good idea is to improve the efficiency of random access to compressed images, but most software works with entire images and has no need for strips whatsoever (e.g., Photoshop doesn’t care).

Per DarkOverLord’s excellent suggestion, tiffcp can be found among the libtiff tools here <http://www.libtiff.org/>. It can also change Endianness, compression method and many other useful things.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections