KV
Posted By
Kathy_Vance
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Just recently I started getting this error message whenever I open PhotoShop(7.0). Even though it does open, it’s annoying and I’m hoping there’s a way to stop it.

"This application has failed to start because SPROF32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may solve this problem."

I tried reinstalling but it didn’t work. I don’t know if it has anything to do with this, but right before I started getting this message I was deleting files in my history and cookies folders. Maybe I deleted something???

Thanks, Kathy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
Apr 3, 2004
This error is caused by a problem with the KPCMS files. To eliminate the message search your HDD for the following files: KPCP32.dll, KPAPI32.dll, KPSYS32.dll, PDCLIB32.dll and SPRO32.DLL. Wherever you find them on your HDD (in or outside of the Windows folder) rename them to change the extension from .dll to .old. Then re-install Photoshop.
KV
Kathy_Vance
Apr 4, 2004
Hi Len,
Thanks for replying but I don’t seem to have any of those files on my hard drive. Am I supposed to? PhotoShop is working okay except for getting that message when I open it.
Any other ideas?
Thanks, Kathy

<< KPCP32.dll, KPAPI32.dll, KPSYS32.dll, PDCLIB32.dll and SPRO32.DLL>>
L
LenHewitt
Apr 4, 2004
Kathy,

You have a 3rd party plugin installed that requires those files (or at least SPRO32.DLL). Photoshop 7 doesn’t, and they don’t ship with Photoshop.

You’ll need to work out which plugin you’ve installed.
KV
Kathy_Vance
Apr 4, 2004
Thank you, Len! That sounds right because I had just recently set PS to look in an additional plug-ins directory, which is a folder with a ton of plug-ins. I’ll just uncheck it and forget about plug-ins.
Thanks for your help!
Kathy
L
LenHewitt
Apr 4, 2004
You’re welcome, Kathy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections