directories in actions…is this possible?

T
Posted By
thenelseif
Apr 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is this possible?

Whenever I transfer my pictures from my digital camera to PC, I create a directory structure like this;

c:\pictures\Easter Sunday 4-11-04 – All RAW files go here c:\pictures\Easter Sunday 4-11-04\Edited – Full Sized Edited Tiff Files c:\pictures\Easter Sunday 4-11-04\edited\forweb – resized images, srgb converted c:\pictures\Easter Sunday 4-11-04\edited\forcostco – resized for costco printer, converted to costco profile

I have actions that do the resizing, converting to srgb, costco profile, etc. However, I’d like for the actions to have a relative directory? i.e. whenever I click on the action, it saves them in the appropriate directory in the correct subfolder.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 11, 2004
Sounds like Batching or a Droplet is the way to go.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Apr 11, 2004
I don’t think there is any way to get relative directories using actions. You would need to use a script.
T
thenelseif
Apr 11, 2004
How could a droplet solve this? I’ve never used them really.
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 11, 2004
My bad: Relative directories is not possible. I was thinking of a system of 4 hardcoded ‘temp’ folders for a days shoot, where you´d have to move those 4 batches to end directories, or have some sort of script do it for you.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections