FW
Posted By
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Nov 8, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve just bought a Personal subscription level to MyPictureMarc. On DigiMarc’s site it is stated that at this level I can watermark up to 100 images. But I wonder if it’s not just a bluff because I can’t see how they may have any idea of how many images I have watermarked. Do you have any experience in this matter?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Scruff
Nov 8, 2004
You can watermark all you want, but you can only register 100 through them.

"Feestee" wrote in message
I’ve just bought a Personal subscription level to MyPictureMarc. On DigiMarc’s site it is stated that at this level I can watermark up to 100 images. But I wonder if it’s not just a bluff because I can’t see how they may have any idea of how many images I have watermarked. Do you have any experience in this matter?
FW
Fuzzy Wuzzy
Nov 8, 2004
You can watermark all you want, but you can only register 100 through them.

What do you mean by saying "register"? How do I conduct a registration process? I thought all I have to do is to embed a watermark using a Digimarc plug-in.
S
Scruff
Nov 9, 2004
Dude, read up.
http://www.digimarc.com/

"Feestee" wrote in message
You can watermark all you want, but you can only register 100 through
them.
What do you mean by saying "register"? How do I conduct a registration process? I thought all I have to do is to embed a watermark using a Digimarc plug-in.
MA
mohamed_al_dabbagh
Nov 9, 2004
Feestee …

Hi!

Though I see it unnecessary for a designer to have a personal digimarc, as most of the artwork is done for other people, I think the only one who may want a digimarc is the photographer who expects to sell his work to the others (and in this case he should remove digimarc as the pictures will be owned by others). However, the above 100 images restriction could be done by hiding a counter somewhere in the registry or in the plug-in module itself, every time you embed a mark, increment is automatically added. If it is not the case, then it could be only a statement by which using digimarc for more than 100 pictures will no longer be legal.

I will highly appreciate someone who can convince me with the importance of digimarc and if somebody actually offset printed a digimarked photo for a certain reason.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer
S
Scruff
Nov 9, 2004
"Mohamed Al-Dabbagh" wrote in message > I
will highly appreciate someone who can convince me with the
importance of digimarc and if somebody actually offset printed a digimarked photo for a certain reason.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer
OK, let me.
I sell cd’s of graphics I create. I watermark them with digimarc. Last year I saw someone selling something similar and imagine my surprise when I saw 3 of my graphics in their cd. A quick check of the imbedded Digimarc watermark carrying my serial # confirmed they were mine. Now I get a royalty from his cd sales. He’s lucky I didn’t sure his ass. There, that is how Digimarc helped me.
RW
Roger Whitehead
Nov 9, 2004
In article , Scruff wrote:
He’s lucky I didn’t sure his ass.

Or lock up his donkey.

Roger
S
Scruff
Nov 9, 2004
"Scruff" wrote in message
"Mohamed Al-Dabbagh" wrote in message > I
will highly appreciate someone who can convince me with the
importance of digimarc and if somebody actually offset printed a digimarked photo for a certain reason.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer
OK, let me.
I sell cd’s of graphics I create. I watermark them with digimarc. Last year I saw someone selling something similar and imagine my surprise when I saw 3 of my graphics in their cd. A quick check of the imbedded Digimarc watermark carrying my serial # confirmed they were mine. Now I get a royalty from his cd sales. He’s lucky I didn’t sue his ass. There, that is how Digimarc helped me.
*sue
S
Scruff
Nov 9, 2004
lol, DOH!
"Roger Whitehead" wrote in message
In article , Scruff wrote:
He’s lucky I didn’t sure his ass.

Or lock up his donkey.

Roger
MA
mohamed_al_dabbagh
Nov 17, 2004
Hi again!

Thank you for this explanation, but I’d like to ask how durable is that watermark and can it be changed without sensible degradation on the picture quality? Is it possible to have two different watermarks in a single image? How much it is dependable? Is there a wide client base for it? Does it has a history of success? Of course I know their website, but I’d rather prefer to hear from independent people… People who tried it and really benefited from it.

Many questions, and I can barely find a Digimarc fan, so I must listen and learn…. Thank you for your patience, and highly appreciate answering me.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer
S
Scruff
Nov 18, 2004
I only use the electronically imbedded watermark that is not visible. You use their app to view the serial # that you assign the graphic. That is digimarc’s main purpose, for identifying your proprietary items.

"Mohamed Al-Dabbagh" wrote in message
Hi again!

Thank you for this explanation, but I’d like to ask how durable is that watermark and can it be changed without sensible degradation on the picture quality? Is it possible to have two different watermarks in a single image? How much it is dependable? Is there a wide client base for it? Does it has a history of success? Of course I know their website, but I’d rather prefer to hear from independent people… People who tried it and really benefited from it.

Many questions, and I can barely find a Digimarc fan, so I must listen and learn…. Thank you for your patience, and highly appreciate answering me.

Mohamed Al-Dabbagh
Senior Graphic Designer

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections