Posted By
Sally Shears
Oct 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Got a nasty surprise…

Upgrading to Leopard… using the Archive & Install approach… Photoshop CS2 loses it’s activation and demands "Activate me!"

This required a call to Adobe who said, "You already have two activations, but we’ll make an exception for you this time." I was well treated, but I hate this threat hanging in the air.

From other comments, I believe it was the "Archive & Install" option that broke Adobe’s activation, and a simple "upgrade" install (the Apple default) might have been OK.

If you are upgrading to Leopard, be careful about your Adobe activations.

— Sally

Sally Shears (a.k.a. "Molly")

SallyShears (at) gmail (dot) com

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

PD
Philo D
Oct 29, 2007
So the way to do it: deactivate before installing Leopard, activate again afterward. Then you don’t use up one of your activations.

In article <291020071058314458%>, Sally Shears
wrote:

Got a nasty surprise…

Upgrading to Leopard… using the Archive & Install approach… Photoshop CS2 loses it’s activation and demands "Activate me!"
This required a call to Adobe who said, "You already have two activations, but we’ll make an exception for you this time." I was well treated, but I hate this threat hanging in the air.

From other comments, I believe it was the "Archive & Install" option that broke Adobe’s activation, and a simple "upgrade" install (the Apple default) might have been OK.

If you are upgrading to Leopard, be careful about your Adobe activations.

— Sally

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections