OO
Posted By
odd one
Nov 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
using CS, getting a scratch disk full message while trying to crop, I have changed scratch disks assignments and have over 100gigs available. Do I need to uninstall PS CS and reinstall or is there an easier fix.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

H
Hecate
Nov 28, 2004
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 01:29:11 GMT, odd one wrote:

using CS, getting a scratch disk full message while trying to crop, I have changed scratch disks assignments and have over 100gigs available. Do I need to uninstall PS CS and reinstall or is there an easier fix.

How much RAM? And what size is the image? And what OS?

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
N
noone
Nov 28, 2004
In article ,
says…

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Along with those necessary questions, you might also check the fragmentation of that available 100GB. If you are also storing and working on image files, fragmentation can happen quickly, and that can give you much less usable space. But first, Hecate’s questions might well hold all of your answers.

Hunt
OO
odd one
Nov 28, 2004
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 03:06:16 +0000, Hecate wrote:

xp pro
normal 6mp from Canon D60 as large jpg.

tried bigger and smaller images. never had a problem before. I am doing a defrag as I type this so should know by morning if that was the problem although I don’t think it is.

Tried jpg’s and psd’s

last time I was cropping was yesterday, 15 images loaded at a time, crop, quick adjust and then save, load the next 15, etc. closed ps (maybe didn’t close ps) and used breezebrowser to resize and place a watermark.

Of course I have rebooted a couple of times incase ram wasn’t cleared.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
OO
odd one
Nov 28, 2004

Sunday update:

Nortons speed disk completed on all drives, 100 gigs free, 50 on C and 50 on D, still get the error. I will uninstall and reinstall.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
H
Hecate
Nov 29, 2004
On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 16:47:59 GMT, odd one wrote:

Sunday update:

Nortons speed disk completed on all drives, 100 gigs free, 50 on C and 50 on D, still get the error. I will uninstall and reinstall.
OK, well the images you’re using are small, so that isn’t the problem. 6MP images are tiny.

You’ll have uninstalled by now, but you should try trashing the preferences file (even if you have reinstalled –
uninstalling/reinstalling usually leaves the preference file just as it is).

Another possibility, even though it’s complaining about the scratch, is that one of your memory modules is flaky.

Anyway, let us know what’s happened and if you’ve trashed the prefs and it still doesn’t work, as some more..

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections