H
Posted By
Hans
Dec 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have not been able to find an acceptable printing lab in my area so I am considering purchasing a printer and printing my own pics. I am considering the Epson R800 and Canon i960. I don’t do a high volume of printing. Will I have a problem with print heads getting clogged? Also, will the ink in the cartridges dry up if not used for a while?

Anybody have experience with the R800 or i960? I only print after special occasions or trips, not every week.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JD
John Doe
Dec 18, 2004
The Epson at least historically seems to have more head clogging problems. I have an R200 that I use just for CD printing and haven’t had any head clogging problems yet and it generally sits unused for months at a time.

I also have a Canon i9100 large format printer and have had no problems what so ever with it.

John

"Hans" wrote in message
I have not been able to find an acceptable printing lab in my area so I am considering purchasing a printer and printing my own pics. I am considering the Epson R800 and Canon i960. I don’t do a high volume of printing. Will I have a problem with print heads getting clogged? Also, will the ink in the cartridges dry up if not used for a while?
Anybody have experience with the R800 or i960? I only print after special occasions or trips, not every week.
S
Stephan
Dec 20, 2004
Hans wrote:

I bought the 1280 when it came on the market.
Never had a clogged print head.
I print images up to 50 inches long, not a smudge, not a missed line. You can’t go wrong with that brand.

Stephan
SW
Steven Wandy
Dec 21, 2004
I have the R800 (after being a LONG time HP user) and can’t rave enough about the quality of the prints. I use it as an everyday printer (letters, etc.)
and probably prints pictures every week or so – more after parties, vacations, etc.
Never had a problem with clogging. I did get in the habit of turning the printer off
everynight – don’t know if this really effects the lack of clogging, but it seems that’s
what most users of this model suggest.
M
measekite
Dec 21, 2004
I have been using Computer Equipment for 20+ years and inkjet since they first came out and never turn them off. It increases the wear and tear.

Steven Wandy wrote:

I have the R800 (after being a LONG time HP user) and can’t rave enough about the quality of the prints. I use it as an everyday printer (letters, etc.)
and probably prints pictures every week or so – more after parties, vacations, etc.
Never had a problem with clogging. I did get in the habit of turning the printer off
everynight – don’t know if this really effects the lack of clogging, but it seems that’s
what most users of this model suggest.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections