how to open Photoshop CS3 without Bridge?

B
Posted By
burt
Jan 13, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
On my Mac, whenever I launch Photoshop CS3, it also launches Bridge. It does not do that on my wife’s Mac, so there must be some option to control this that I have not found.

Any hints on how to stop this behavior?

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
http://www.mindstorm-inc.com/software.html

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JR
Jolly Roger
Jan 13, 2008
In article <1iamk8d.1ypexgc1n2f6ctN%>,
(Burt Johnson) wrote:

On my Mac, whenever I launch Photoshop CS3, it also launches Bridge. It does not do that on my wife’s Mac, so there must be some option to control this that I have not found.

Why? All you need to do is type Command-Q, right? Big deal.

; )

Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your email doesn’t get eaten by my SPAM filter.

JR
N
nospam
Jan 13, 2008
In article <1iamk8d.1ypexgc1n2f6ctN%>, Burt
Johnson wrote:

photoshop preferences, general panel, uncheck ‘automatically launch bridge’
B
burt
Jan 13, 2008
Jolly Roger wrote:

(Burt Johnson) wrote:

; )

The Big Deal is not the quitting, it is the very long launch time. It adds something like 30-45 seconds to the time it takes me to launch Photoshop. Since I almost never use Bridge (I use Lightroom for my browsing), I would like to avoid that extra launch time.

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
B
burt
Jan 13, 2008
nospam wrote:

In article <1iamk8d.1ypexgc1n2f6ctN%>, Burt
Johnson wrote:

photoshop preferences, general panel, uncheck ‘automatically launch bridge’

Duh… I KNOW I searched those preference panels for something like that and didn’t find it. You just snuck that in on me tonight, didn’t you?

Yep. That was what I wanted — thanks!

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
L
Lefty
Jan 13, 2008
"Burt Johnson" wrote in message

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.

Its in the Photoshop preferences, under general.
JR
Jolly Roger
Jan 13, 2008
In article <1iamoxa.1sdba3p1h31frnN%>,
(Burt Johnson) wrote:

Jolly Roger wrote:

(Burt Johnson) wrote:

; )

The Big Deal is not the quitting, it is the very long launch time. It adds something like 30-45 seconds to the time it takes me to launch Photoshop. Since I almost never use Bridge (I use Lightroom for my browsing), I would like to avoid that extra launch time.

Sorry, I was just giving you a little bit of your own medicine. ; )

Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your email doesn’t get eaten by my SPAM filter.

JR
B
burt
Jan 13, 2008
Jolly Roger wrote:

; )

Yes, and I gave the Why. The iPod OP never said why it was a Big Deal to unplug the iPod. I am still wondering why…

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
JR
Jolly Roger
Jan 13, 2008
In article <1iane0i.1sysq77mlznnmN%>,
(Burt Johnson) wrote:

Jolly Roger wrote:

; )

Yes, and I gave the Why. The iPod OP never said why it was a Big Deal to unplug the iPod. I am still wondering why…

We may never know that, but I can certainly think of several *potential* reasons.

JR

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections