KL
Posted By
Katherine_Lawson
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I always save all of my Photos in .psd after editing them. (I convert them to other formats only when I have to, such as for the web).

Something I have never been able to find in Photoshop, is the ability to choose a default "save as" file format. When I am shooting small amounts of photos, I use raw, but when I am away for the whole day with no chance to bring extra storage, I shoot in SHQ jpeg, and PSCS always tries automatically to "save as" in jpg after editing.

Is there any way to specify a default "save as" format, or to tell PS to always save in the same format as my last save?

Kathi

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CC
Chris_Cox
May 5, 2004
No, there is no way to set a default "save as" other than opening an image in a particular format (and then it’ll default to the current image format).
KL
Katherine_Lawson
May 5, 2004
Thanks Chris.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections