Lara_Yokoshima
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Platform: Windows XP
Photoshop version 7

My problem is with the fonts… it seems Photoshop doesn’t recognize the new fonts I installed in C:/WINDOWS/Fonts, or in the Adobe Fonts folder. I have tried closing and re-opening the program so it recognizes the new fonts, but it only shows the fonts that come by default with Windows.

I recently reinstalled Windows XP into my computer, it is supposed to delete all the HD, but my entire fonts folder stayed there (even the ones that don’t come with Win XP). I tried deleting them and reinstalling the fonts, but it still won’t recognize them…

Hope you can help me, thanks for reading!

Lara

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
May 6, 2004
Lara,

1) Are the fonts useable in other applications?

2) Fonts MAY be listed under a different name than you are expecting in Photoshop. e.g. Zaph Dingbats will be listed as ITC Zaph Dingbats and therefore in the "I’s" not the "Zed’s"

3) Some TTFonts may be listed in a 2nd alphabetical list beneath the first listing. If this is the case it is because they have the wrong writing script information within the font file.
PA
Peter Aitken
May 7, 2004
wrote in message
Platform: Windows XP
Photoshop version 7

My problem is with the fonts… it seems Photoshop doesn’t recognize the
new fonts I installed in C:/WINDOWS/Fonts, or in the Adobe Fonts folder. I have tried closing and re-opening the program so it recognizes the new fonts, but it only shows the fonts that come by default with Windows.
I recently reinstalled Windows XP into my computer, it is supposed to
delete all the HD, but my entire fonts folder stayed there (even the ones that don’t come with Win XP). I tried deleting them and reinstalling the fonts, but it still won’t recognize them…
Hope you can help me, thanks for reading!

Lara

Are you aware that you cannot just copy a font to the fonts folder – there is a specific installation procedure required.

Peter Aitken

Remove the crap from my email address before using.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections