Greenish blotches on skin tones from digital camera images – how to correct?

B
Posted By
Brucet999
May 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have received images from peoples’ digital cameras where skin tones are marred by blotches of olive drab and/or bluish mottling. It looks like the poor people in the pictures have lichens growing on their skin.

I tried Image/Corrections/selective color to no avail, trying to select blue or green, but adjustments show no changes.

I have resorted to using the rubber stamp tool in "color" mode at 30% opacity, finding an area of normal-looking skin as a standard and correcting the blotched areas to match, but that is a pretty time-consuming process, at least until I have built up a sufficient sized corrected area so that I can use larger brush sizes.

My method also has the built-in problem that I am making all of the skin tone the same, whereas real people may have some redder highlights on cheekbones, nose and chin.

Has anyone found a simpler way to fix these images?

Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MA
Mark_Allen
May 9, 2004
Bruce, there are loads of ways to correct images but the old saying, "Dirt in dirt out" comes to mind here. So many people with the "Digi" technology simply aren’t up to scratch and quite simply put, they "Don’t read the manual". sad!! but true.

You seem to have a reasonable knowledge of PS but the best treatment, if possible is to post the prints on a web page and the guys will have a go and tell you how they come about the FIX.

Try it and see. You’ll be amazed

Regards

Mark
B
Brucet999
May 9, 2004
Thanks, Mark. I don’t have a website, but my Verizon e-mail includes web space free, so maybe this would be a good reason to actually put one up.
P
Phosphor
May 9, 2004
Bruce…

Have a look at Pete Bauer’s tutorial on "Replacing a Defective Channel" <http://www.planetphotoshop.com/PeteBauer59.html> at PlanetPhotoshop.com.

It might give you some good ideas.
MA
Mark_Allen
May 10, 2004
Nice one Phos, there’s always something new. Doh! LOL!

Regards

Mark
L
Lundberg02
May 10, 2004
On my planet, people do have lichens growing on their skin. What’s the big deal?
MA
Mark_Allen
May 10, 2004
Lund, there’s a difference between lichens growing on one’s skin and "like hens" it’s a language barrier. LOL!

Regards

Mark

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections